Nee Chucherdwatanasak is a candidate in historical musicology. She specializes in post-1945 Western-European and American classical music, with an emphasis on the current new-music scene in the United States. Her secondary research interest is contemporary classical music in Southeast Asia. In her master’s thesis at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, she discusses cross-cultural approaches in the orchestral music of Thai composer Narong Prangcharoen. Consequently, she has become interested in more in-depth interdisciplinary understandings of her native region and is now also pursuing a Graduate Certificate Program in Southeast Asian Studies at the University of Michigan.
- SMR at AMS 2020 – November 20, 2020
- Nee Chucherdwatanasak presents at AMS Midwest – September 23, 2019
- SMR Members present at SAM 2019 – March 29, 2019
- SMR Beginning-of-Year BBQ – September 17, 2018
- MMF Abstract Workshop – December 15, 2017
- New SMR Doctoral Candidates – October 17, 2017
- Caroline Shaw at Bang on a Can Marathon 2017 – June 22, 2017