Dissertation: “The Opera is Booming. This is a City.: Opera in the Urban Frontier of Denver, 1864–1893” (2019)
Austin Stewart is a cultural innovator, musicologist, and arts administrator. He is putting his doctoral degree and various experience to use in non-traditional ways and moving towards a career in arts policy and advocacy. Currently, he is serving as the Acting Director of Institutional Advancement at Michigan Opera Theater, where he manages foundation and government relations, and as Director of Operations for Chorus pro Musica in Boston.
- SMR Members present at SAM 2019 – March 29, 2019
- Successful defenses: Anne and Austin – March 14, 2019
- SMR Publications, 2017–18 – June 04, 2018
- SMR at The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess Symposium – February 28, 2018
- The “Other” Patti, and Using www.ancestry.com as a Source for Archival Research – August 05, 2017